Do you know what is considered an emergency maintenance issues? Some things that may create discomfort or inconvenience are not considered emergencies. Especially when a problem occurs after-hours, many maintenance concerns can wait until the morning. Ultimately, tenants and property owners must use their best judgment. However, we created a list of some common emergency and nonemergency maintenance orders.
What is an Emergency?
A good rule of thumb is to remember that any maintenance issue that could potentially cause injury, serious property damage, or a threat to health and safety is considered an emergency. Some examples of these maintenance concerns include:
• Broken Water Lines
• Broken Door or Lock You Cannot Secure
• Gas Leak or Broken Gas Line
• No Heat in weather below 40 degrees
• Electrical Issues
• Carbon Monoxide Detection
• Extended Power Outage
What is Not Considered a Maintenance Emergency?
When an issue does not pose an immediate threat to health, safety, or property, it is not an emergency. That said, these items below should still be reported as a maintenance request during normal business hours. Here are some examples below:
• Air Conditioning not working
• Broken Light Fixtures
• Appliance Malfunction
• No Hot Water
• Noise Complaints
• Parking Disputes
• Minor Leaks
Why Hiring a Property Management Company Will Make These Issues Easier.
Successful property owners know that the best step they can take to maximize their investment while addressing all tenant issues is to hire a property management company. How can we make these property emergencies easier on you? A few ways:
1. Reachability- We have a 24/7 emergency line. If any issue arises at one of your investment properties, the tenants are able to get ahold of us day and night.
2. Emergency Services- A huge perk of working with a property management company is we have reliable vendors that we know will get the job done in a timely manner. This saves you the hassle of trying to find someone at potentially odd hours.
3. Open Communication- We are able to openly communicate with the renters of your investment property throughout the whole process. We keep them informed on when the maintenance team will arrive and what will need to be done to resolve the issue quickly. This could save you many sleepless nights and weekends.
4. Documentation- We have an online portal for all our property owner, renters and even vendors. This allows for easy organization of documents pertaining to the service issue to be saved successfully under both parties and with our vendors.
Do these issues sound overwhelming to you as a property owner? No need to worry! At All County Property Management Group, we are here for you and all your property management needs! We help not only renters find their next home but also property investors looking for an experienced property management company to take over the hard work of property management. We offer up-to-date listings to suit a variety of needs and budgets. In addition, our dedicated leasing staff works with you every step of the way so you can feel confident in your home choice. Plus our team handles all property management needs from maintenance, leasing documents, marketing and more! For more information or to see our available listings in your area, check us out today!